Prefabricated elements such as sandwich panels and door panels play an important role in building projects, helping to create distinctive designs. They bring their own specific requirements with regard to insulation materials. XPS is uniquely positioned to meet these requirements because it:
- Ensures high dimensional stability.
- Allows the creation of thin panels with maximum thermal insulation, which is particularly relevant in refurbishment projects where profile thicknesses may be limited.
- Has very low thermal conductivity, allowing optimised thickness and preventing thermal bridges.
- Combines best-in-class mechanical strength with low weight.
- Guarantees high water and water vapour resistance.
- Delivers easy and convenient processability.
- Offers low tolerances with a smooth and dust-free surface.
- Forms excellent composites with laminates such as PVC, ABS, aluminium, wood or concrete (as shown above).